Stay Informed


Login to our online portals for your employee specific access.


Group access to online reporting.

Claims Access



Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is a "primary beneficiary"?
A: The "primary beneficiary" is the person or persons who have first rights to receive policy proceeds when the proceeds become payable.
Q: What is a "contingent beneficiary"?
A: The "contingent beneficiary or beneficiaries" is the person or persons designated to receive the policy proceeds if the primary beneficiary should predecease the person whose life is insured.

I received Cobra package from J.J. Stanis and Company;

Q: What type of coverage is this for?
A: At the bottom of page 5 you will find the Plan information along the rate, begin and end date of the coverage you are being offered.
Q: What do I do if I want to continue with the cobra coverage?
A: You will need to fill out the election form found on page 8. Your Social Security Number is the ID Number. Please list all dependents to be covered under the plan if you have a family plan. If you have an Individual plan you will only need to put in your information. Coverage type is the coverage you are being offered ( Dental, and or Vision). Tier of coverage is Family and/or Individual.
Q: Where do I mail the election form?
A: The mailing information to start off your COBRA coverage can be found at the top of page 8. Please note that once the election form is received, J.J.Stanis will process it and send remittance coupons to you to make your payments. Please use the address on the coupons to make the remaining payments.
Q: Do I send in any payments with my election form?
A: It is best to send in the election form with your first month's premium ( rate can be found at the bottom of page 5), this way your COBRA coverage can be activated upon receipt of the election form and payment. If the election form is received without payment, COBRA coverage will be activated once a payment is received.
Q: Can I make more than one payment?
A: Yes, All you need to do is include all coupons for the months you are paying with one check for the total.
Q: Is there a different group number when I continue the cobra coverage?
A: No. Cobra coverage is an extension of the coverage you had while active at work. The plan and coverage under the plan remain the same.

NOTE: Itemized bills, credit card receipts, and incomplete bills WILL NOT BE PAID. Claim will be held due to inaccurate information being submitted.

We administer the FSA plan according to government guidelines.

Q: If a bill is paid in the current flex year, but the date of service is for the prior flex year, which year will the money be taken from?
A: The prior year. Claims are paid by the date of service, not the date the bill is paid.

April 9, 2020

RE: Healthcare Flexible Spending and the CARES Act

How The Federal CARES Act Impacts your Health FSA

What is the CARES Act?
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act is Congress’s latest coronavirus relief package and was signed into law on March 27, 2020. The CARES Act is the largest economic relief bill in United States history and will provide support to individuals and businesses affected by the pandemic. Many of you have questions about the new law and how it impacts your benefits, including items now eligible for purchase with your healthcare flexible spending account (FSA). We hope to answer just a few questions here:
Are over-the-counter drugs and medicines now eligible expenses through a Healthcare FSA or HSA without a prescription?
Yes. With the new law, you are now able to purchase, or be reimbursed for, over-the-counter medications (examples: Tylenol, Motrin, cough suppressants; items that used to require a prescription) using your Healthcare FSA or HSA without a prescription.

In addition, any menstrual hygiene products (tampons, sanitary napkins, liners, etc.) may also be purchased or reimbursed using your Healthcare FSA with this new law.

The law is retroactive to January 1, 2020, meaning any over-the-counter medications or menstrual products you have purchased since January 1, 2020 can be reimbursed from your Healthcare FSA, if you have not already been reimbursed previously using a prescription.
When can I begin using my Healthcare FSA funds to purchase over-the-counter drugs and medicines, and menstrual hygiene products?
You may begin to use your FSA funds for over-the-counter medications and menstrual hygiene products as of January 1, 2020. This new law also has no expiration date, meaning you may continue to purchase these items with your FSA funds for the entire plan year and beyond.
Can I be reimbursed for items I have already purchased?
Yes, if you purchased on or after January 1, 2020, you can submit a claim to be reimbursed from your FSA for over-the-counter medications not previously reimbursed with a prescription, as well as menstrual hygiene products. You will need to provide a copy of your receipt that shows proof of purchase date and item purchased under FSA.
Q: How do I enroll for Medicare Part B reimbursement?
A: Complete the Medicare Part B Reimbursement Application and return to us with a copy of your Medicare card.
Q: Is my spouse/domestic partner/Medicare-eligible dependent entitled to Medicare Part B Reimbursement?
A: They are eligible only if they are covered on your health plan, enrolled in Medicare Part B and not receiving this reimbursement from any other source. You will also need to submit in a copy of their Medicare Card.
Q: Is my disabled dependent, who is not 65, eligible for this reimbursement?
A: You must be retired for your disabled dependent to be eligible. If your disabled dependent is collecting social security, paying for Medicare Part B and covered under your health insurance; they would be eligible to be reimbursed.
Q: What information do I need to submit to be eligible to receive reimbursement?
A: Each year you will need to submit the letter that you receive from Social Security (new benefit statement) in November that provides you with your new benefit amount for the upcoming year along with the completed application that you received with your last check.
Q: What if I am unable to locate the letter from Social Security in my records?
A: Contact Social Security directly to request a copy of your most recent benefit statement.
Q: What if I am paying the Medicare premiums but I am not yet collecting social security benefits?
A: You will need to provide copies of your medical premium bills along with your proof of payment. Proof of payment can be either a copy of your cancelled check or a copy of your bank statement showing the automatic payment being taken from your account. All other information can be redacted.
Q: What information do I need to submit if my affairs are handled by an appointed Power of Attorney?
A: You will need to submit to us a full copy of the Power of Attorney to keep on your record. This will allow us to speak to your power of attorney for matters regarding your account.
Q: What notification do I need to submit if my dependent passes away?
A: You will need to send us a copy of the death certificate and you will be reimbursed up through the month that your dependent passed away. If you had already been reimbursed for month(s) after your dependent passed away, we will make the adjustment on your next check.
Q: What information does my beneficiary need to provide to you in the event of my passing?
A: Your beneficiary should submit a copy of your death certificate to us and reimbursement will be sent to your estate for the eligible reimbursement months.
Q: Can I be reimbursed for Medicare Part D (drug coverage)?
A. No, the plan has no legal authority to reimburse the Medicare Part D premium payments.
Q: What is IRMAA?
A: The Income-Related Monthly Adjustment Amount (IRMAA) is an additional amount that you pay for your monthly Medicare premiums if you have higher annual earnings.
Q: How do I know if I was required to pay IRMAA for Medicare Part B?
A. The letter that you receive from Social Security in November of every year will indicate if you were required to pay IRMAA.
Q: What information do I need to submit to get reimbursed for my IRMAA?
A: You will need to submit a copy of your SSA-1099 that you receive from Social Security every January.